- Look at our list of current positions here
- Shortlist preferred positions.
- Contact facilities directly to apply
- It is important that you liaise with the team and your Regional Training Organisation to ensure you select a position that
- Meets your vocational training requirements
- Supports your personal and professional aspirations
- To be eligible for SMO (Provisional Fellow) positions applicants must possess
- Rural Generalist Medicine Prevocational Certification
- An appropriate advanced skill/s for the vocational training position of interest
For rural facilities wishing to engage Rural Generalist Trainees in a vocational training position, the following should be considered:
- Fostering and promoting a quality rural health team focus
- Training position/s are accredited with ACRRM and/or RACGP
- Supervisors are experienced Fellows and are accredited with the training College/s
- Position/s provides for work/life balance
We encourage facilities to develop marketing material for distribution to Rural Generalist Trainees via the QRGP team. An example can be accessed here.
For information regarding the qualifications specified for credentialed scope of clinical practice in Rural Generalist Medicine and Senior Medical Officer (Provisional Fellow) appointment, please refer to the Rural Generalist Medicine discipline recognition (2007) document.