The QRGP in partnership with Clinical Excellence Queensland is pleased to present the Step Up Leadership program for Rural Generalists. The program introduces leadership concepts and approaches and has been customised for Rural Generalists. It runs over three months, consisting of two residential modules and a work-based action plan. The program focuses on developing and strengthening the skills needed to supervise, motivate, lead change, and provide effective leadership within a healthcare team.
The Step Up Leadership Program will cover content from the following key areas:
- Your leadership style
- Effective communication
- Influence and coach for improved performance
- Leading, motivating and inspiring staff
- Understanding the broader healthcare environment
- Leading and managing change
- Improving health service delivery
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Strategic influencing
The Program comprises of two residential training modules with additional learning and reflective activities.
- HBDI assessment
- Module one | 26 – 27 August 2023| Brisbane
- Work-based action plan
- Module two | 18 – 19 November 2023| Brisbane
Participants must attend both workshops. For those with College exam commitments, please check your ability to commit to both sets of dates before applying.
There are no course fees associated with the program. The QRGP will arrange flights and accommodation at no cost to participants.
Applicants must possess:
- A medical degree from a recognised Australian or New Zealand university, or equivalent
- Current medical registration
- Clinical (direct patient care) experience of at least three years full time equivalent in an Australian health system, or one that is comparable
- An interest in medical leadership and management and/or currently leading clinical departments
Applications for the 2023 Step Up Leadership Program have closed.
Workshop 1 | 26 – 27 August 2023 | Brisbane
Workshop 2 | 18 – 19 November 2023 | Brisbane
Please contact us for more information.