As a postgraduate entrant, you get full access to our Career Navigators, and you will enjoy all of the support, education and training we provide.
|Application information session (teleconference)
Register interest via: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Thursday 26 July 2018 at 5pm|
|Applications open||Monday 30 July 2018 at 9am|
|Applications close||Friday 10 August 2018 at 10am|
|Interviews (via teleconference)||Thursday 16 August 2018 – Friday 24 August 2018|
|Position offers released (via email)||Monday 27 August 2018 at 9am|
|Position offer acceptance closes (via email)||Friday 31 August 2018 at 10am|
Selection to postgraduate entry positions occurs in the year prior to commencement on the QRGP.
Applications for postgraduate entry are accepted from medical officers who are in PGY1 – 3 at the time of application and who will progress to PGY2 – 4 when they commence the following year.
Commencement on the QRGP as a postgraduate trainee is contingent upon the applicant securing an appropriate training position in Queensland by the specified intake year.
Applications are considered based upon:
- Demonstrated progress towards a Rural Generalist Medicine vocational training endpoint including evidence of:
- attainment of or suitable progress towards general registration with AHPRA;
- successful application or intention to apply to a recognised vocational training program with an endpoint of Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) and/or Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) plus Fellowship in Advanced Rural General Practice (FARGP).
- Provision of satisfactory term reports for:
- all PGY1 and 2 terms undertaken at the time of application;
- obstetric, anaesthetic and paediatric term experience.
- Where terms have not yet been completed, evidence of term allocation is required though note that terms can be achieved beyond PGY1 or 2.
- The QRGP is not responsible for negotiating access to terms or training.
- Terms may be achieved beyond PGY1 and 2. Applicants who have not yet completed these terms should note this and their efforts to secure access in the future in their application.
- Evidence of satisfactory completion/intent to enrol in:
- For PGY1 applicants: a Rural Generalist Trainee Workshop (registration cost applicable) or other clinical skills workshop(s) as determined by the QRGP team.
- For PGY2 and above applicants: the Rural Generalist Vocational Preparation Workshop (registration cost applicable) or other clinical skills workshop(s) as determined by the QRGP team.
- By the end of PGY2:
- Completion of at least 80% of the QRGP Logbook;
- Completion of the QRGP Community Preparation Module.
- Note: Where the applicant will not have achieved the above requirements prior to entry into the Pathway a plan will need to be developed with a Rural Generalist Training Advisor to achieve this standard as soon as practicable.
- Provision of a written reference from a Director of Clinical Training or other suitable medical officer outlining suitability for a rural career path.
- Participation in a Career Planning Interview with a Rural Generalist Training Advisor to discuss personal and professional considerations and goals. This will be undertaken at interview.
- Participation in a recruitment and selection process similar to that undertaken for QRGP direct entrants.
Application for 2019 Postgraduate entry has now closed.