We are here to prepare you for your journey.
Let’s first take a look at what you need to start.
Things you need to know
The Generalist Pathway
More here >
XX Date May till
xx Date June
More dates here >
Eligibility to apply for a quarantined Rural Generalist Pathway intern training position is subject to the following criteria.
• Hold Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency status;
• Successfully complete a medical degree from an accredited Australian university and be in the final year of study at time of
• Hold an applicant group status of A or B. More information is
• Have received or be eligible upon graduation for provisional
medical registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate:
• Intent to make application to undertake Advanced Training (12-24 month duration) in: Indigenous Health, Mental Health, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Surgery, Adult Internal Medicine, Anaesthetics or Emergency Medicine;
• Intent to complete vocational training in a rural location.